Here's a nice Christmas treat that takes very little effort. The classic combination of chocolate and coconut is timeless.—Loraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine the milk, coconut and almonds. Drop by spoonfuls over crust; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macaroon Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p152
Reviews for Chocolate Macaroon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2012
"Easy and fabulous!"