This recipe is from my daughter, who's a terrific cook. The caramel glaze makes it impossible to eat just one.—Arliene Hillinger, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 12 caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add egg. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, melt the caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p23