Chocolate Macadamia Meltaways Recipe
I came up with this recipe by accident one day when I wanted to make some cookies. I decided to use some ingredients already in my cupboard, and these were the delicious result. —Barbara Sepcich, Galt, California
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts (dough will be stiff); set aside.
- 2. For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in nuts; cool slightly. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough around each piece of chocolate-nut mixture so it is completely covered. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 233 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC