- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts (dough will be stiff); set aside.
- For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in nuts; cool slightly. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough around each piece of chocolate-nut mixture so it is completely covered. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Meltaways in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p59
Reviews for Chocolate Macadamia Meltaways
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2012
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2012
"A beautiful "chocolate Macadamia Meltaways" recipe. It does use the jarred Macadamia nuts from Hawaii - which make the recipe very expensive! The yield is only 30 cookies!"
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2007
"These cookies were so easy to make and tasted wonderful!"