This perfect macaroon has dark chocolate, chewy coconut and macadamia nuts and is dipped in chocolate—sinful and delicious! —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and dry to the touch. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons in Reminisce October/November 2007
Reviews for Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 29, 2010
"These cookies were fantastic and my family just loved them. But I was dissapointed that it did not give the Nutrition Facts."