Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons Recipe
This perfect macaroon has dark chocolate, chewy coconut and macadamia nuts and is dipped in chocolate—sinful and delicious! —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla until blended.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and dry to the touch. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 136 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC