This perfect macaroon has dark chocolate, chewy coconut and macadamia nuts and is dipped in chocolate—sinful and delicious! —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Featured In: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Stir in egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set and dry to the touch. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons in Reminisce October/November 2007
Reviews for Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2010
"These cookies were fantastic and my family just loved them. But I was dissapointed that it did not give the Nutrition Facts."