Chocolate-Macadamia Freezer Pie Recipe
The rich filling for this make-ahead pie resembles chocolate mousse. Macadamia nuts in both the filling and crust are a nice touch.
- 1-1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the remaining nuts.
- 3. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece equals 772 calories, 62 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC