Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- White chocolate shavings and chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, nuts and sugar; stir in butter and almond extract. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 1 cup and set aside. Stir melted white chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture; beat just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in reserved cream cheese mixture; drop by spoonfuls over filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl chocolate mixture.
- 5. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. In a saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over cheesecake. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 7. Refrigerate leftovers. Garnish with chocolate shavings and macadamia nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake
"We made this for Thanksgiving at my mom's house. It was yummy, but I didn't get a much of a taste of the Macadamia nut. I would like to see it used more prominently in the recipe."