- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- White chocolate shavings and chopped macadamia nuts
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, nuts and sugar; stir in butter and almond extract. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 1 cup and set aside. Stir melted white chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture; beat just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in reserved cream cheese mixture; drop by spoonfuls over filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl chocolate mixture.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt semisweet chocolate with cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over cheesecake. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Garnish with chocolate shavings and macadamia nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p84
Reviews for Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2013
We made this for Thanksgiving at my mom's house. It was yummy, but I didn't get a much of a taste of the Macadamia nut. I would like to see it used more prominently in the recipe.