As a mom of four, I appreciate shortcut recipes. This one uses refrigerated biscuits, giving me time for special touches, like adding homemade whipped cream and hot fudge. —Melissa Haines, Valparaiso, Indiana
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries or frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and cocoa until blended. Dip biscuits in cocoa mixture to coat; shake off excess.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, beat cream and cocoa until cream begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- To serve, split shortcakes in half. Fill with strawberries and half of the whipped cream. Serve with fudge topping and remaining whipped cream. Yield: 8 shortcakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Lover's Strawberry Shortcakes in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p80
Reviews for Chocolate Lover's Strawberry Shortcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review