As a mom of four, I appreciate shortcut recipes. This one uses refrigerated biscuits, giving me time for special touches, like adding homemade whipped cream and hot fudge. —Melissa Haines, Valparaiso, Indiana
Featured In: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries or frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and cocoa until blended. Dip biscuits in cocoa mixture to coat; shake off excess.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. In another bowl, beat cream and cocoa until cream begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- To serve, split shortcakes in half. Fill with strawberries and half of the whipped cream. Serve with fudge topping and remaining whipped cream. Yield: 8 shortcakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Lover's Strawberry Shortcakes in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p80
Reviews for Chocolate Lover's Strawberry Shortcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2017
"Saw this in country magazine and had to try it. Very easy and delicious. I'll definitely save this and make it again."