- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and milk. Bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar; whisk in egg yolks until smooth.
- Slowly pour hot milk mixture in a thin stream into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in cocoa. Return mixture to saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute. Immediately remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chocolate, butter and vanilla until melted. Whisk until completely smooth. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to dessert dishes. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Just before serving, top with raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Lover's Pudding
"easy to make and very chocolatey. Would be awesome with some Cool Whip on top."
"Good flavor and easier & quicker than other homemade pudding, as it doesn't require so much stirring, however, it still had a little lumps in it despite lots of whisking."