Chocolate Lover's Filling
This filling is added to a sweet dough to make a delicious pastry I love to serve to company.—Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and sugar. Cook and
- stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Stir in pecans,
- vanilla and cinnamon. Use for Braided Coffee Cake or Coffee Cake
- Ring. Yield: about 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.