Chocolate Lover's Drop Cookies Recipe
Whenever a friend, who is a chocolate lover, is having a difficult time or simply could use a pick me up, I bake these soft, cake-like cookies. I make little surprise package and deliver them. Life really is better with chocolate.—Rachelle White, Wickenburg, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:60 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the buttermilk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC