- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar,
- cocoa, extract and remaining salt until stiff peaks form.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers; brush layers with cream
- de cacao. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1/2 cup
- frosting and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds. Repeat layers
- twice. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake; sprinkle
- remaining almonds over the top. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 512 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.