Chocolate Lover's Cream Pie
You had us at Nutella, a sweet hazelnut-cocoa spread. Finding true love in a pie has never been simpler. —Jenn Stewart, Lavergne, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Grated chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and
- vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- Nutella until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spoon into
- crust. Spread remaining whipped cream over top. Garnish with
- chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store leftovers in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 601 calories, 44 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.