Chocolate Lover's Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Grated chocolate
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 2. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and Nutella until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Spread remaining whipped cream over top. Garnish with chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 601 calories, 44g fat (22g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Lover's Cream Pie
"This is good. I could not use the chocolate crust because we are gluten free so I made my own regular pie crust. It was for sure good but not as amazing as some pies I've made."
"I have actually never tasted this pie. I've made it every year for the last three years for Thanksgiving dinner with our extended family. It's always gone when I go to get a piece, and last year I made 2!"
"I just finished making this pie. It's in the fridge now setting up. I had to lick the bowl and taste it, of course! :) It's so delicious!! I agree with skymom747, worth every calorie!! I will be making this again."
"Delicious and so easy."
"Very Easy and OUTSTANDING!"
"This was a fabulous pie recipe. I made a couple of changes just to lighten it up a bit. I use light cool whip in place of the cream, sugar and vanilla and I used light cream cheese. It made a wonderful addition to our Thanksgiving dessert menu and one that I will definitely make again."
"Best pie I have ever made!"
"Delicious! Followed the recipe, making no adjustments. Worth every calorie :)"
"I made a couple of changes, I used 1 1/2 recipes and I baked 2 frozen deep dish Pillsbury pie shells and split the filling and whipped cream between them. Worked out great! It was a hit at my family dinner and simple to make."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.