- whites; with clean beaters, beat on high speed just until stiff but
- not dry. Fold a fourth of the whites into batter, then fold in
- remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter
- with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake 60-65 minutes or until cake
- springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool
- completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate. For filling, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- until smooth; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Beat until stiff peaks form. Cut a 1-in. slice off the top of the
- cake; set aside. To make a tunnel, carefully hollow out bottom,
- leaving a 1-in. shell. Fill tunnel with some of the filling; replace
- cake top. Spread remaining filling over top and sides of cake. Store
- in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 602 calories, 35 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.