Chocolate Linzer Cookies Recipe
Living in the town of North Pole, it's no surprise that I enjoy Christmas baking! My mom and I used to make these cookies together. Now that I am married and living in Alaska, I love to bake them for my own family. They remind me of home. —Heather Peters, North Pole, Alaska
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Roll out remaining dough; cut with a 2-1/2-in. floured doughnut cutter so the center is cut out of each cookie.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Spread melted chocolate over the bottoms of solid cookies. Place cookies with cutout centers over chocolate. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam in center of each cookie. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Linzer Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC