Chocolate Lime Dessert Recipe
The pretty pale green color of this refreshing lime gelatin dessert is perfect for a St. Patrick's Day party, but don't be surprised when your family requests it year-round!
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Pots o' Gold
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours. In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- 2. Beat gelatin with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the lime and lemon juices. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. While beating, slowly add the milk; mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with Pots o' Gold if desired.
Reviews for Chocolate Lime Dessert
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2008
"SOOOOOO GOOD!! You can sub the wafers for oreos and it is good to."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC