The pretty pale green color of this refreshing lime gelatin dessert is perfect for a St. Patrick's Day party, but don't be surprised when your family requests it year-round!
Recommended: Dessert Crepes Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Pots o' Gold
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours. In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- Beat gelatin with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the lime and lemon juices. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. While beating, slowly add the milk; mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with Pots o' Gold if desired.
Originally published as Chocolate Lime Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p193
Reviews forChocolate Lime Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2008
"SOOOOOO GOOD!! You can sub the wafers for oreos and it is good to."