Chocolate Layered Angel Food Cake Recipe
The creamy chocolate filling of this tall, impressive cake will make a hit at any party. It will be a perfect birthday cake for anyone.—Teri Roberts, Hilliard, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 24 large marshmallows
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (1.45 ounces each), chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- 2. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, candy bars and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- 3. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 382 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Layered Angel Food Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC