Chocolate Lava Cakes Recipe
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg and flour; stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in white baking chips. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- 4. Bake at 400° until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 635 calories, 40g fat (24g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Lava Cakes
"This didn't work very well for me. The white chips didn't melt at all, and the flavor wasn't that great."