Chocolate Lava Cakes Recipe
Since this dessert is served hot, it can be baking in the oven while you eat the main course. The recipe can easily be increased to serve more. It's a great choice for chocolate lovers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg and flour; stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in white baking chips. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 635 calories, 40 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC