Since this dessert is served hot, it can be baking in the oven while you eat the main course. The recipe can easily be increased to serve more. It's a great choice for chocolate lovers.
Featured In: 25 Slow Cooker Recipes to Bring to Your Next Potluck
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg and flour; stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in white baking chips. Spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 400° until a thermometer reads 160° and cake sides are set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Lava Cakes in Reminisce Extra January 2010, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Lava Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
"This didn't work very well for me. The white chips didn't melt at all, and the flavor wasn't that great."