- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pecans, flour and vanilla. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and lacy. Cool completely before carefully removing from foil.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread 1 teaspoon melted chocolate on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Lace Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p62
Reviews for Chocolate Lace Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review