Chocolate Jubilees Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, oats, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips, cherries and almonds if desired.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Jubilees(4)
Sort By :
These cookies are amazing! They are so soft, fudgy, and chocolately! And they stay moist after storing for much longer than most cookies. I like to make these for Christmas cookie exchanges, and people always like them.
Wonderful and fudgy! The only thing I did differently was use less chocolate chips (all I had only had was about 1 3/4 c. and we wouldn't have wanted more than that). They were a little too sticky for rolling into balls so I just got out my dough scoop and scooped them onto the cookie sheets...worked great.
I made 5 kinds of cookies this year and these were the all-around favorites! I used dried cherries that I re-constituted instead of maraschino, and left in some cherry juice. It added a wonderful gentle cherry flavor.
This was a wonder treat. Easy to make. Easier to eat. I made my annual Christmas cookies and included this recipe. My other cookies looked fancy, so I frosted them to "keep up appearances". The next time, I will roll them in sugar for an easier "finished" look.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >