Chocolate Ice Cream Topping
Few desserts are as quick and delicious as an ice cream sundae. Sliced bananas, a maraschino cherry and this fast sauce makes the sundaes special.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream, sliced bananas and maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and butter to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add the chocolate chips
- and vanilla. Whisk until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream with bananas and a cherry. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.