Chocolate Ice Cream Topping Recipe
Few desserts are as quick and delicious as an ice cream sundae. Sliced bananas, a maraschino cherry and this fast sauce makes the sundaes special.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream, sliced bananas and maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add the chocolate chips and vanilla. Whisk until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Serve warm over ice cream with bananas and a cherry. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Chocolate Ice Cream Topping in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Ice Cream Topping(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >