Chocolate Ice Cream Syrup
"When our four children were growing up, we served this sweet chocolate sauce over hand-cranked ice cream," recalls Dorothy Mekemson of Humboldt, Iowa. "Now when we have friends over for cards, we finish the evening with sundaes made with this syrup," she notes.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Ice cream
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Add sugar alternately with milk,
- stirring constantly. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring often. Serve warm
- over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.