Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
These cute chewy cookies made with two kinds of chocolate form a perfect sandwich for vanilla ice cream...or any flavor ice cream you prefer. I really enjoy making desserts for my family, and this one hits the spot on hot Texas days. -Michelle Wolford San Antonio, Texas
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 16 cookies. Flatten slightly with a glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To assemble sandwiches, place 1/4 cup ice cream on the bottom of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze overnight. Yield: 8 ice cream sandwiches.
Originally published as Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Sandwiches >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >