- (batter will be thick).
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread into
- prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll
- up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over the cake to within 1 in. of
- edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and
- cocoa; beat in the milk, butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread
- over cake roll. Cut into slices. Freeze leftovers.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 377 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.