Chocolate Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate, sugar and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 2 cups. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Carefully spoon vanilla ice cream over crust; spread evenly. Spoon chocolate sauce over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Carefully spread chocolate ice cream over crumbs. Cover and freeze overnight. Serve with whipped topping if desired. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 323 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Ice Cream Dessert
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.