Chocolate Heart Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip both sides of cookies into melted mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies. Place on wire racks to dry. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Heart Cookies(9)
Sort By :
The turned out great! I brout them to my keepers group and got lots of comments! As long as you follow the recipe they should turn out great!
After reading the reviews, I just used a different chocolate cookie recipe that I was familiar with, decorated them as described. Very pretty.
They came out Great! I just drizzlied the white chocolate on them, but they are a Valentine's favorite in my house...never thought them dry as mentioned in other reviews.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >