Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
I've given these delectable candies with a nutty surprise inside to teachers and friends. —Debra Pedrazzi, Ayer, Massachusetts
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set
- In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add cream and
- reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until
- mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a
- hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.