Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles Recipe
I've given these delectable candies with a nutty surprise inside to teachers and friends. —Debra Pedrazzi, Ayer, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add cream and reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC