- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add cream and reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Sort By :
"Decadent and rich! I took out the hazelnut inside, but it was still fantastic. Giving these as Christmas gifts this year."
"GREAT RECIPE. I DID MODIFY IT THE SECOND TIME I MADE IT THOUGH, AND ELIMINATED THE HAZELNUTS INSIDE, AND ADDED ORANGE EXTRACT TO THE MIXTURE. A HUGE HIT!!BRENDA SUTTERHOUSE SPRINGS, MO."
"Can a healthier dark chocolate be substituted for the milk chocolate?"