- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add cream and reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Sort By :
"I didn't use whole hazelnuts but it didn't take away from how yummy and easy to make these truffles are. Gave them out as gifts for my dinner guests during the holidays."
"Decadent and rich! I took out the hazelnut inside, but it was still fantastic. Giving these as Christmas gifts this year."
"GREAT RECIPE. I DID MODIFY IT THE SECOND TIME I MADE IT THOUGH, AND ELIMINATED THE HAZELNUTS INSIDE, AND ADDED ORANGE EXTRACT TO THE MIXTURE. A HUGE HIT!!BRENDA SUTTERHOUSE SPRINGS, MO."
"Can a healthier dark chocolate be substituted for the milk chocolate?"
"Have made these for a few years. They are a hit. They compare to Ferre Roche"