Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprints Recipe
Since we live in hazelnut country, I love making these special cookies for festive occasions. I usually bake two or three batches for parties and homemade gifts. They're yummy tasting and cute as can be!
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, yolk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; add a third at a time to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with 1/4 teaspoon of preserves. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Just a before serving, lightly dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 cookies equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC