Chocolate Hazelnut Tassies Recipe
Your taste buds will be delighted to find these delicious tassies not filled with the standard pecans but with dark chocolate and hazelnuts.—Joan Ranzini, Waynesboro, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and lemon peel. Beat in flour. Shape into 36 balls. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the Nutella, brown sugar, egg, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 16-18 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 130 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC