Chocolate Hazelnut Tart Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon peel until creamy. Beat in flour just until combined.
- Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into an 11-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, chocolate syrup and corn syrup. Pour into crust. Combine hazelnuts and chocolate chips; sprinkle over filling. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will set when cool). Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Hazelnut Tart(4)
Sort By :
Didn't have a tart pan so used a 9" Springform pan, running crust up the sides. Also used pecans, not toasted, instead of hazelnuts. Turned out FANTASTIC!! A HUGE hit with all guests!!
This is a great and easy recipe. I did not have a tart pan and ended up making it a pie, of which the bake time was longer. If you make a pie be sure to spray you pie plate with Bakers Secret or something comparable. Excellent pie for even the fussiest choco-holic!!!
This is a lovely finish to a meal. The crust dough needs to rest a little longer than 30 mins, mine was still way to soft. But all up, very nice and I will make again.
I THINK THAT THIS RECIPE IS GREAT
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Tart Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >