Chocolate Hazelnut Tart Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon peel until creamy. Beat in flour just until combined.
- 2. Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. Roll dough into an 11-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, chocolate syrup and corn syrup. Pour into crust. Combine hazelnuts and chocolate chips; sprinkle over filling. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set (center will set when cool). Cool on a wire rack.
- 6. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped cream and chocolate shavings) equals 363 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.