Chocolate-Hazelnut Swirl Bread Recipe
Homemade breads are my favorite goodies to give. After delivering these lovely loaves to friends and family one Christmas, people kept asking me for the recipe. I was happy to share it!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle two-thirds over the batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining topping; press down lightly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 318 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC