Chocolate Hazelnut Puddings
Baked in small ramekins, my little spiced puddings are sized just right for individual servings. They're fun to eat and look pretty with a sprinkling of cinnamon on top. —Donna Childs, New York, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 8 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for
- 30 minutes. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and
- fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Stir in the chocolate, flour, hazelnuts, cracker crumbs,
- cinnamon and cloves.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of