- 8 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate, flour, hazelnuts, cracker crumbs, cinnamon and cloves.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove ramekins from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- To unmold, run a knife around the rim of each cup and invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Hazelnut Puddings
"Absolutely to die for! I served these with a hot fudge sauce over the top instead of whipped cream and they were wonderful! The hazelnuts add just the right amount of nutty flavor and for just the 2 of us, I halved the recipe and used the 6 6-oz custard cups for a smaller portion. Baked for 42 minutes and they were perfect!"
"Not worth the effort"