Chocolate Hazelnut Parfaits Recipe
Hazelnut nondairy creamer adds a great flavor to chocolate pudding and makes a special dessert parfait.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, creamer and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. Spoon 1/4 cup pudding into each of eight parfait glasses; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs. Top with strawberries and remaining pudding and crumbs. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC