Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cups Recipe
Three of my favorite foods–chocolate, hazelnuts and puff pastry–come together for an impressive dessert. Dress them up with a drizzle of melted chocolate and sprinkling of chopped nuts. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, melted, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- 3. In another bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, Nutella and cinnamon until blended. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Spoon into pastry shells. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 581 calories, 48 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC