Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cups
Three of my favorite foods–chocolate, hazelnuts and puff pastry–come together for an impressive dessert. Dress them up with a drizzle of melted chocolate and sprinkling of chopped nuts. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, melted, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, Nutella and cinnamon until
- blended. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Spoon into
- pastry shells. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle
- with hazelnuts. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.