- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of
- pan. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter, corn syrup and water to a boil;
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate chips;
- stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Spread over top and
- sides of gateau. Garnish with almonds and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without almonds and mint leaves)equals)384 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.