Chocolate Hazelnut Gateau Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Toasted slivered almonds and fresh mint leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the hazelnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool completely.
- 4. In a saucepan, bring the butter, corn syrup and water to a boil; stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Spread over top and sides of gateau. Garnish with almonds and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 384 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Hazelnut Gateau
"I also made this with black walnuts. AWESOME. My family said to use the walnuts instead of the hazel nuts."
"I just needed a chocolate fix,I wanted somethig different. An this really fit the bill. Definatly will make again"