Chocolate-Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies Recipe
Santa won't leave a crumb on the plate when you set out these rich and tender confections. The hazelnut flavor really shines through.—Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a food processor, process hazelnuts and sugar until ground; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, chocolate, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the reserved hazelnut mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 59 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate-Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC