Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
Toasted nuts, Nutella and liqueur transform fudgy homemade brownies into a hazelnut-lover’s dream. They’re perfect for a casual meal on Christmas Eve or as a yummy gift.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool
- slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in Nutella and
- liqueur. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Fold in 1 cup nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with
- remaining nuts. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do
- not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 371 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.