Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
Toasted nuts, Nutella and liqueur transform fudgy homemade brownies into a hazelnut-lover’s dream. They’re perfect for a casual meal on Christmas Eve or as a yummy gift.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate;
- stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and
- sugar. Stir in Nutella and liqueur. Combine flour and salt;
- gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in 1 cup nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Sprinkle with
- remaining nuts. Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool
- on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 371 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.