Chocolate-Hazelnut Brownie Bites Recipe
I created this recipe because my sister-in-law really enjoys hazelnuts and is always asking me to bake with them. A plate of these rich, chocolaty bites makes a great gift, too. —Laura Majchrzak, Hunt Valley, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 36 whole blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined mini muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread with Nutella; top each with a hazelnut. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 brownie bite equals 134 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC