Chocolate-Hazelnut Brownie Bites Recipe
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 36 whole blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined mini muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread with Nutella; top each with a hazelnut. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 134 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate-Hazelnut Brownie Bites
"These were great! I used Christmas mini cupcake liners."
"I can't wait to try this recipe! Could I substitute walnuts?"
"[quote user="cagno"]I would also like to know where one can buy the cupcake cups. Thank you.[/quote]Look on the first page of comments. The third post from "Marketing" mentions where you can purchase the cupcake liners.ErikB "
"I would also like to know where one can buy the cupcake cups. Thank you.Valeriemelbandzak@verizon.net"
"I would also like to know about the holders. Thanks."
"Where can I get the cupcake email@example.com"
"Where can I purchase the mini cupcake holders pictured?Thank you,firstname.lastname@example.org"
"This is a great recipe; I really like the cupcake holders. Where an I find them or how do I make them. email@example.com"
"Do you measure the hazelnuts and then toast and grind them or do you grind the hazelnuts and then measure and toast?Recipe sounds and looks wonderful!"
"I believe the Nutella can be found in peanut butter aisle in most stores."
"Hazelnut spread is known as Nutella. YUM! Gonna go make some now!SuzanneB"
"Chocolate-Hazelnut Brownie BitesWhat is Hazelnut spread? Might help others if it is posted on the comments.kayla"
"thank you for information on Hazelnut spread, I'll look next shopping day...shofly"
"What is Hazelnut spread???"
"where do you get the muffin cup"
"Where can I find those really cute baking cups in this picture???"
"This recipe looks wonderful but where did you get those mini paper cups?"
"Thank you for your help. I will look for it the next time I'm at the store."
"You can buy Chocolate hazelnut spread called "Nutella" at most grocery stores near the jelly or Peanut Butter. I know HEB has it."
"you can get in any grocery store, it will be by the peanut butter"
"where can you buy the Hazelnut spread?"
"Although its selection is not as extensive as the above-mentioned sites, KingArthurFlour.com also has some unique cupcake liners. RL0115@aol.com"
" Thank you so much- the liners are very cute
"Hi, I asked the Taste of Home Studio where the cupcake liners were purchased for this photo and they gave me two websites:
"these are great, but where do you find the adorable muffin cups?"