I created this recipe because my sister-in-law really enjoys hazelnuts and is always asking me to bake with them. A plate of these rich, chocolaty bites makes a great gift, too. —Laura Majchrzak, Hunt Valley, Maryland
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups ground hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 36 whole blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the ground hazelnuts, flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chips.
- Fill paper-lined mini muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread with Nutella; top each with a hazelnut. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Hazelnut Brownie Bites in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p47
Reviews for Chocolate-Hazelnut Brownie Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review