Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream Puffs Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in Nutella and cream until blended. Stir in nuts. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and remaining sugar. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour mixture all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set and browned. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool completely.
- 4. Spoon filling into cream puffs; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 303 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream Puffs
"Recipe was requested the first time I tried it. Follow directions carefully"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.