Chocolate-Glazed Raspberry Torte Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Coat a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper and coat the paper with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and applesauce. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and 1-1/4 cups raspberries. Cut cake into three 10-in. x 5-in. rectangles. Place one layer on a serving plate; top with half of the berry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate until melted; cool slightly. Pour over cake. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with remaining raspberries. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Glazed Raspberry Torte in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p41
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chocolate-Glazed Raspberry Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review